Blog Details

A day by day walk through of my journey to a happier and healthier me.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 2

Resting Point of the Hike
View of today's hike, the darker blue is the ocean. 

Today was a blur, yesterday feels like a week ago. We were all placed in our new hiking groups for the week and I was put in an intermediate hiker group. Our hike was at Newton Canyon just down the road form the resort, it was tough, and that is putting it nicely. Imagine the hike as a "V", going down is okay but coming back up is extremely tough. Now imagine making it to the end of the trail, only to be told going back the way you came is the only way out! The last stretch I wanted to give up and stop but my body miraculously kept trucking forward.

Highlight of the day: My new Polar watch said I burned 4,523 calories today! I started it at 6am and turned it off at 5:30pm. I was very excited to see the results, and I hope to keep burning that many everyday. I know that with time it will get harder to burn so many, but by then I'll be up for the challenge! ;)

Good news, everyone! I can receive mail here!! Use this address:

Megann Thompson
C/O The Biggest Loser Resort
327 Latigo Canyon Rd
Malibu, CA 90265


I look forward to seeing what you send me! :)


And now for today's card:


Aunt Suzanne!


Thank you so much for my letter, you made me cry! But that's okay sometimes it feels good to just let go. I know that Daddy would be proud too. I haven't shared this yet, but when I was at the airport walking to my terminal my emotions were all over the place, it was the first time I had doubted my decision. I was just walking along thinking I wish I had some reassurance that I had made the right decision, and then right on cue "I just called to say I love you came on." I bursted into tears, but I couldn't help but smile because I know that he is watching over me everyday, and he would want this for me. So thank you for my card, and the reassurance that you believe in me as well! Love you! 


Oh, one last thing, here are some pictures of my room! 




No comments:

Post a Comment