Blog Details

A day by day walk through of my journey to a happier and healthier me.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 25



Well, today didn't go as planned...

I ended up on bed rest with an elevated ankle/heel. I have been having some problems with what feels like knots in the bottoms of my heels, and today my left side decided to really flare up. I felt like it was best to take the afternoon to rest, and see if the tension could work itself out. So far so good, I feel a lot better and am able to put pressure back on it when I am walking now.

All that being said, I had a great hike today. It was very challenging, but the progress I have made over these four weeks is amazing. Our group only had 5 people in it today, and I kind of enjoyed it. It was like our own private hike, because we all stayed separated a little bit. One of the hiking guides and I found out we like some of the same bands and had a good conversation about bands the other one should try out. It really help take my mind off the fact I was climbing up a huge incline.

Today's card is from....

My Mommy!

Thank you Mom! I am so excited that it is almost time to come home. I am also very proud of you, you have done so great on your journey too! You are the best, and I am so thankful for the awesome relationship that we have! Thank you so much for all of the things you do for me, especially keeping my high maintenance dog while I'm gone! LOVE YOU!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment