Blog Details

A day by day walk through of my journey to a happier and healthier me.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 5

Look Mom, I don't have my hands around a man! ;)

Today's view
First off let me say how sad I am about the devastation in Japan, I can't begin to imagine what they are going through. Please keep your thoughts and prayers with them as they try pick of the pieces.

I know some of you were probably worried about whether or not I was affected by the tsunami, I wasn't. There was a tsunami advisory out for the most part of the morning, but where I am staying is about 1700ft above sea level, so my daily activities were not changed.

Today we hiked at Castro Crest. One guy summed it up perfectly, "Has anything that begins with Castro ever ended well?" Let me tell you, it was by far the worst hike to date. The hike was over six miles, and it went down, down, down, and then up, up, up twice. One thing that made this hike difficult were the different terrains, I am still learning my footing so I was pretty slow coming back out of the canyon.

Best part of the day: IT'S FRIDAY!! I HAVE MADE IT THROUGH MY 1ST WEEK!

Tomorrow, I have a hike at Paramount Ranch, which is owned by Paramount Studios. There is a Western Town and some other props along the hike, so I am pretty excited to see that. The word around "town" is the day before yesterday they were filming True Blood right behind us. I don't watch the show, but I know a lot of people around here really wanted to catch a glimpse of some of the actors. For all of you watching the Bachelor, it is filmed right up the road!

One of my new friends, Rebecca has offered to drive some of us to the Santa Monica Pier tomorrow after the hike. She lives in West Hollywood, so she is more familiar with things to do around here. Be prepared, tomorrow's post will feature lots of pictures! :)

Now for today's card:

Betty Jo!

Thank you, Betty Jo for the funny card. I believe it is right about the 99% perspiration! Thanks for believing in me, I am looking forward to getting home and seeing everyone too! Maybe we can meet up at the pool for some laps when I get back! Love ya!

1 comment:

  1. hey Meg!!! i miss u sooo much!! i hope ur havin fun in malibu the pictures are beautiful!!!its not the same just hangin out with dad and drew lol
    :) <3 fallon

    ReplyDelete