Blog Details

A day by day walk through of my journey to a happier and healthier me.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Very Very Long Day

Andrea and I at LAX

Hello All!

I am finally settled in to my room! After a long day of traveling, I am completely exhausted, so this post will probably not be too terribly long because I have to be up at 5:30.

The day got off to a good start, I said goodbye to Drew with just a few tears shed and was very surprised at how fast I made it through security. My flight ended up being delayed an hour but all in all was a good smooth flight. But then comes the shuttle ride from the airport to Fitness Ridge. I went with Prime Time Shuttles, and they were there within 15 minutes of my landing which was very nice. I chose to share a shuttle because it was the cheapest. I thought "sharing" meant people going to the same location as me. Not true. There were three other people on the shuttle with me, and "sharing" meant people riding on the same shuttle in the same general direction of where I was going. So to travel 40 miles from LAX to Fitness Ridge took oh about 2 hours! Given traffic and stoplight played a part but still I think I might upgrade to a private ride on my way home so I know that I will get to the airport on time! :)

I have gotten everything unpacked and put in its place, that always makes me feel good. I sure some people will think I am crazy for all of the things I brought to make it feel like home, but this is my "home" for the next six weeks and I plan on feeling comfortable in my room!

I would like to say "Thank You" to everyone who gave me a card. I am so excited to read them. I thought it would be fun to read one a day and post on here who it's from. So today's card comes from......

Aunt Mary!

Thank you Mary for the encouraging words! I appreciate your support and I can promise you that I would never listen to Charles! ;)

Time to hit the sack. I will post more pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment